Friday, June 25, 2010

Waiting

I am at a airport coffeeshop in Denver, CO. I'm here, staring outside at the airport's fake rendition of the Rockies (if you've been here, you know what I'm talking about), trying to kill three hours. I am headed to Orange County this weekend for a friend's wedding - and because I have no money, I could not afford a non-stop flight. Alas.

I have never been to LA, the city I am flying into. Tonight, thanks to the dealings of my friend Dan Edelstein, I am staying in the Santa Monica Motel. I know, it just sounds like the setting for a horror movie. The only reviews I read about it said, "I can stand cheap, budget hotels, but this place is just gross..." Ha. Should be an adventure.

So yeah. I am waiting. Waiting for my flight, waiting for one of the employers I've contacted to call me back. A lot of our lives our spent waiting. At least someone invented the Internet. It sure makes waiting a lot easier.

(Oh, and a special shout out to the Denver airport for having free wifi. Way to go.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

However, an important aspect of these software solutions quality website traffic that, in order to avail of its many benefits; the correct implementation is vital. Codec-dss consultants (with over 25 years experience) help with Hyperion Essbase buy targeted traffic and Hyperion Planning implementation; providing guidance through the entire software and helping you implement them into your business in a practical, straightforward way. You will immediately be able to see the impact that these amazing new types of software will have on your business or geo targeted traffic financial matters.