Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I Have Secrets

It's April Fool's Day. Perhaps all the lies being told today are getting to me, for I'm in a tell-all mood. I have a few secrets that have been weighing me down lately, and I feel the odd need to confess them to my blogging community. So, let us begin.

Some Secrets
1) Sometimes, I don't get my homework done, or get enough sleep, because I stay up really late looking at fashion blogs or shopping online. I can't help it, it's a guilty, stress-relieving pleasure that results in delayed stress when I am sleepless and my homework's incomplete the next day.

2) I don't really like skiing. I admit, I have told many guys that I kind of like skiing, because I used to do it when I was younger a lot. I've realized however, that I am lying to them. I don't like skiing. I get cold, and going downhill at high speeds stresses me out hardcore. I say I like it because I like to sound adventerous. I'm done with that - I'm telling the truth. I don't really like skiing. Unless, it's in the Mtns of Colorado, and even then... However, I would like to try snowboarding at some point.

3) On that note, I'm not crazy fantastic about the outdoors for long periods of time. And by long periods of time I mean weeks. I like it for a few days. But then I want to shower. I know, it's natural beauty. I love natural beauty, but only for so long and only without bugs. I love adventures, but if outdoor adventures aren't adventurous enough --- count me out. I'll stay inside where there are toilets and 99 percent less mosquitoes.

4) At the airport, I've stopped bothering to put my liquids in a plastic bag. Why? Because I forgot once and they totally didn't say anything. So now, I forgo the little baggie. I take that back, the last time I put my 4 oz bottle of lotion in my bag and they found it. Then, they proceeded to say - next time, put that in a plastic bag. Ok. Will do. Thanks...

5) I may have been a public relations major, but I still am helplessly victimized by mascara ads and any ad for anti-wrinkle cream. I totally fall for them, and not rationally. Each time I see those ads, I understand their promised benefits won't provide. Yet, I am still entranced by the idea that their product could make my lashes look 50 times longer and forever prevent wrinkles. I've adapted a steady pattern when it comes to viewing awesome mascara ads. It goes like this: Become amazed at mascara, go out and buy it, discover it's not any different than the last and experience disappointment. Unless, of course, it's Lancome's Definicils. The best I've discovered so far. No one even paid me to say that.

6) I'm tired at the moment. But don't worry, I have more secrets. I will save them for another perfect spring day like today (which, will be tomorrow, undoubtedly. I love MN weather...).

7) Oh I almost forgot! Secret seven is that I am not really in a relationship despite what facebook says. The end.

5 comments:

Mike said...

Thanks for sharing that with Mark, Laura, and me :) I like your TSA rebellion!

I have two more secrets:

1) You said you don't like camping for "weeks" but in reality you don't like camping more than one night.

2) Facebook doesn't say you're in a relationship

Laura Ibsen said...

Just chiming in to say that I'm still here and still reading. Holla.

Colleen said...

Well I don't like non-adventurous camping for more than a night. But I said I do like a good adventure. If the adventures good enough I could handle a night plus a few. So there.

Facebook did say that, last night. Ha.

Mark said...

Last time I told facebook that i was in a relationship i received a few comments from people laughing at me because they knew it was not possible.

i have some secrets too. but i can't think of tny of them right now. mmmmm, i have never fallen for mascara adds. in fact...to be honest...i am not sure what mascara is. is it that black stuff that goes on by the eyes to make you look like you haven't slept in a week? girls look better without makeup. it's a fact, just deal with it.

Brett said...

Hey. I read this too, so Mike is totally wrong.

Hi Colleen!