Friday, May 22, 2009

Back At It!

Ah. I am thoroughly enjoying the sweet ease of summer. Everyday this week, I have awoken at 11:00 a.m. and thought, "What shall I do today? The world is my oyster." Or, something along those lines.

My answer to this mid-morning question differed a bit each day. Yesterday, I began thoroughly cleaning my room (although it still doesn't look great), and took a nice long run that left me with unbelievably sore legs. Then I drank wine on the porch with friends. Today, I took a good non-academic book and headed over to Spyhouse to read and drink iced lattes in the sun. Divine I tell you, divine.

Also today I've dabbled in a new business that may flourish this summer:). Selling old books on ebay. Ha. I've listed like ten books for $3 hoping to get someone who, for some odd reason, wants to read them. I am thinking of naming my store, "Great Books." Original, no? Really, it should be named "Sucky Books I Don't Want to Read," because I'm keeping all the good books. No one has bought my books yet and it's been an hour. This is not looking good. Anyone want to read, "Listening In, a History of Radio?" Come on, it's a goodie. Only three bucks plus shipping!

Random note, but today at SpyHouse, the lady next to me was giving her friend instructions on how to see the colours of auras. Weird. Ok I'm going to scavenge the web looking for regional estate sales - I figure I can find some more good stuff there to sell on ebay. I am quite the electronic enterpreneur.

1 comment:

Mark said...

i'll go to the estate sales if you invite me along