Monday, October 19, 2009

A Seminar For Teaching Assistants...

Hahahaha. I just received an e-mail from the University of MN Center for Teaching and Learning (because I'm a TA), advertising its upcoming seminars.

I'm sure all of you armed with degrees from big schools remember constantly complaining about not being able to understand your math professors. Well, it looks like someone finally listened.

An upcoming teaching seminar for University teachers (as copied from my e-mail):

Fine Tune Your Accent
Mondays, 1-2 p.m.
In this workshop series, international faculty, scholars, and graduate students will uncover the nuances of English pronunciation that matter most for conveying meaning effectively in U.S. academic settings: fluency, emphasis, and tone of voice. Participants will learn and practice research-based speaking strategies to enhance classroom teaching and conference presentations.

* Oct. 26 - Fluency
* Nov. 23 - Emphasis
* Dec. 21 - Tone of Voice

Hahaha, oh this is so funny to me for some reason. I wish my math teacher would have taken this. Maybe then I would have actually understood college algebra. Actually, I highly doubt it.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Oh man, I had a calculus professor that just mumbled and muttered. My lowest grade ever. I also has a Japanese professor who grew up in Australia. He sounded like a game show host!