Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Rwanda

7/21/07 Kigali, Rwanda
Omigosh. So far, I've been in Africa for less than a day and all I've done is WAIT. Wait, wait, wait wait. I am at my wits end here with waiting. Africa has a weird concept of time - it's called NONE.

So Lisa's luggage is lost, and we've been here for hours at the Rwandan airport. Stepping off the plane was kinda surreal -- we stepped down stairs straight onto the runway. The wind rushed as I looked around the lush, hilly landscape and tried to convince myself I was actually in Rwanda. I am now convinced. Rwanda is a lot nicer than Nairobi that's for sure. Oh - I almost forgot, that is a thing about Africa, most people smell really bad.

Right now I am sweltering and it's supposedly winter here. I am outside of the airport and some guy is talking to us. He wants to come to the U.S. It is hard for people to come to the U.S. We are lucky.

I am hot, tired, and sick of waiting. I miss the U.S. right now.

1 comment:

SK said...

so glad you're posting these entries. thanks! :)