Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Me and Conference Room 4B; A Love Story

Oh Conference Room 4B, where would I be without you. You complete me. Your attractiveness is irresistible, with the intricate beauty of your mass produced, square-printed, plum carpet, and your strong beige walls that proudly display a clashing green and aqua waterfall poster. Many may think that poster was surely placed by a blind man, but I know you – and I know that you are just demonstrating your electiveness. You are an original, and always charming with your spontaneous ways!

Like just like the other day – when I was surrounded by your glorious presence and someone else in the room spontaneously asked for my opinion on a subject. You kept me on my toes, as I desperately racked my brain for a subconscious thought regarding what they were talking about. You will have to forgive me for my lucid answer; I was just too busy planning in my head what I would wear to impress you tomorrow.

Please don’t take that as me finding our discussions boring, because they are far from. How could I live without our enchanting conversations on organic web searches, analyst day supplies, navigation content, or prepaid suite product info? These subjects are just a few of the captivating, entrancing ideas you use to entice me back into your presence, day after day…

And Conference Room 4B – you make life seem worth living, for every detail that is divulged between your pretty walls you display in a remarkably dramatic light, one I never deemed possible. Just the other day – you remember – we found out together from the lady in the corner that the web site launch was two days behind.

Now normally I would have brushed this off as an insignificant detail. But you filtered the issue through the intensity of my co-worker, and made me realize that this was an issue to raise the terror alert for! Two days! Why – the world must be ending! For every detail counts, as you so lovingly remind me. How I appreciate you! Without you, life would be SO boring.

Conference Room 4B – you haunt my dreams, I can’t stop thinking about the view from your window that somehow always seems to demand my attention. Or the number of age lines there are on the wood of the conference room table – yes, yes, even with all our interesting discussions I still get enraptured in the details of your beauty.

And the happiest part of our love story, Conference Room 4B – is that I may be able to spend more time with you than any other person, and we will be together, possibly forever. Now that just sent a leaping through my heart and a symphony to my ears – one sound loud and powerful, I just might keel over and die. All for you.

5 comments:

Laura Ibsen said...

I like it, Beanie! Also, check out The Waiter's blog (www.waiterrant.net) - he's got a great one today.

Colleen said...

Laura - I read waiter rant - and I have to say that if I were that girl I would do the same thing. I am always cold when random guys come to talk to me. And I usually avoid their smiles. That doesn't mean I'm mean but guys are so lame sometime - I mean seriously. Maybe we should write a blog about it.

Laura Ibsen said...

Agreed. I tend to be more on the reserved side as well when some stranger's trying to hit on me. But, if a guy is nice and polite, and there's an occasion to say something and have a conversation, I'm usually more than willing to chat with him. I don't know, I think that deep down we can tell what their real intentions are.

I like the part of the article about anger - how it's when we're really feeling powerless that we became angry as a defence mechanism. I've noticed that the times when I'm most angry it's because I'm feeling helpless or powerless.

Mark said...

hey, do you guys remember when i first met you? and i was hitting on you and you were giving me the cold shoulder and stuff but i persisted and now look at us...we see each other once a month!@

Colleen said...

Mark - I really don't ever remember you hitting on me the first time I met you. Please advise.