Thursday, October 2, 2008

Good Enough

A scenario in my class yesterday:

 

Professor: Does anyone have any ideas on what the advantages to using radio as a method of communication in development would be?

 

20 second silence from the class.

 

Finally, I decide to speak up.

 

Me: Well it can be interactive.

 

Professor: (pause). Good enough.

 

What? Good enough?? No wonder no one speaking up in class! I don’t think I’ve ever received a “good enough” comment from a teacher before. Most of them have at least been generous enough to spare the “that’s an interesting insight, are there any others?” line.

 

Good enough. Hmph. Plus, I would like to add, my answer was actually valid!! I mean, he obviously hasn’t listened to Dave Ryan in the Morning enough. Group Therapy, War of the Roses?? Extremely interactive. So there, now who’s “good enough.” ME.

1 comment:

Renee said...

it's late at night maybe, but i literally laughed out loud at that... good enough. reminds me of media ethics in undergrad where professor mazingo said to me more than once: "why don't you tell us what you really think?"

welcome back to school :-)