Monday, December 7, 2009

Redeeming Love

My friend who worked at HEAL Africa in Goma, Democratic Republic of Congo just sent me this story. I thought it was heartwarming thus, wanted to post it. Ta da:


This is the picture that gave me most joy today! She is one of our patients from Masisi territory from 2004. I remember finding her one evening in that horrible UNICEF tent you may remember. She had just arrived after walking for days and then riding on a rotten road from Masisi to Goma. She was far from term, with a baby conceived in terror and violence. Not surprisingly, she had gone into labour that evening. She nursed her baby in the incubator for 6 weeks. This is the baby! What else is this but redeeming love?

mail.jpg

Ishara Lyn and her mother (Ishara means Miracle).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a story! What a Love!

I recently launched a blog called Stitchable Sisters, debuting in support of HEAL Africa, about the Hope and Healing God is threading among women and girls in Congo and worldwide:

http://stitchablesisters.wordpress.com/

Please check it out and share with others!