Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Bienvenue Spring

Today officially marks the end of the solemn stretch of time we call winter. Although winter is technically over, let’s face it, physically, it’s still cold out and I don’t see any cherry blossoms on the trees. But regardless, I thought today was an appropriate day to write about my top accomplishments/highlights of the winter. They are as follows:

1. I got a job with benefits! That meant I could go to the doctor for the first time in two years!
2. I committed to staying at my job (nothing short of miraculous, really).
3. I committed to staying at the Upper Room, finally
4. From the looks of the above two – I committed to actually committing to things (which btw, wasn’t a problem for me until college graduation – the real world will bring down the best of us…).
5. I took the first step towards leaving the country, and introducing myself to the third world – signing up for Africa
6. Technologically, I bought a video iPod, and discovered the wonder that is gmail.
7. Oh and I almost forgot! I set up a couple that is still together! This should be number one, but that would look lame so I’ll keep it at seven

In other news:
I had a fairly adventurous and random St. Patrick’s Day. It consisted of the downtown Hyatt, the backroads of Minneapolis, and an unusual rowdiness at Gasthof’s. Not rowdiness on my friends or my part – but on everyone else’s. People were getting a little too crazy.
I started my hip hop class yesterday. It is super sweet. I am excited. I will teach you my dance moves if you ask. This Sunday I switched from listening to Mark Driscoll to Rob Bell again. You got to switch it up a bit. If anyone hasn’t read any of Rob Bell’s books – you are missing out on quite possibly the greatest experience you will ever have, apart from C.S. Lewis’ The Great Divorce and Mere Christianity that is. Read those first.

2 comments:

Mark said...

Colleen. I am glad we are now able to keep in contact without having to actually ever see each other. It makes everything a lot easier. I am just going to comment on your last 3 blogs in one big comment.

Bumper sticker: When I was in N.O. for some reason we were singing Christmas songs (I guess it was that time) and after the "had a very shiny nose" I always said "like Lincoln." Well apparently they don't say this in the South. We got into an argument as to what was correct (I can't remember who they said) and then I just reminded them that they were from the South and they laughed. Second. You just gave me a great idea. We should have random license plate bumper stickers that are the exact size and style and everything. we could just plaster the back of our cars with those...stupid camera cop things. Well now I forgot what your other two blogs were about so all I can say is do you have a digital camera? When are you going? For how long?

Colleen said...

Mark -

1. What does rudolph in N.O. have to do with bumper stickers?
2. I have a digital camer
3. I am going to Congo in July for 2 wks. Which, I discovered, is the longest amount of time I've ever been out of MN. This is sad.