Monday, November 17, 2008

Some See Big Problem in Wisconsin Drinking

Apparently word of Wisconsin's alcohol problem has reached the East Coast. In fact, it's in the New York Times. This is fairly humorous, fairly sad/scary. Here is a little preview:

“If they’re 15, 16, 17, it’s fine if they want to sit down and have a few beers,” said Mr. Whaley, who owns the tavern in this small town in southern Wisconsin.

Oh, our dear eastern neighbor. I am solemnly sorry for taking advantage of your alcohol problem by driving to Hudson to buy beer on a Sunday. It will not happen again. I am cutting you off!

4 comments:

Mike said...

You drive to WI on sundays to drink?

Oh WI. I hadnever had a beer until I moved to WI. Much thanks!

Anne said...

I haven't lived in 'Sconi for a long time, but I'm happy to see not much has changed. Ha ha. What kind of parents take young children to a bar? Oh, wait. I grew up running around in my nightgown at my grandparent's bar... And look how well I turned out! :)

Colleen said...

No, I do not drive to Wisconsin on Sundays to drink. However, when you have a party on a Sunday night and you forget to buy drinks Hudson is helpful.

Mark said...

i have no problems with teenagers drinking. in fact, if they go to a bar, have a few drinks, get a ride home, avoid beating their mom, then they could serve as a good example for quite a number of 21+ drinkers.