Monday, March 29, 2010

The Day My Hair Caught on Fire

Yesterday, my hair started on fire.

Yes. There were flames coming out of my head, and the smell of burning hair gel in the air.

Let me further explain.
Last night, I went to church by myself as usual. I walked in a bit late, so I settled for a secluded spot next to the wall. I sat down, and leaned back to survey the crowd and see if there was anyone I knew. All of a sudden, I spot a girl I know motioning to get my attention, "Colleen!" she yelled, and signalled for me to move. I was confused, and another guy I knew was motioning for me to come sit next to him. I got up, and all of sudden noticed something wasn't quite right. My head felt warm and there were sparks flying off of it.

"Omg," I thought, "my hair is on fire." The rest of the events are quite blurry, but I started patting my head to put out the flames. I succeeded in putting out the fire with my bare hands. Thank you very much. I then sat down, stunned. I was in the front, and the entire church saw my hair catch on fire. I began touching my head to get a feel for the damage. A chunk of hair fell out and my coat was sprinkled with ashes. I sat stunned. Stunned and laughing.

As soon as the worship began a woman I know who works at the church came up and got me. "I am so sorry your hair started on fire in my church!" she exclaimed. We went to survey the damage in the bathroom. Not bad. It just looked as if the front of my hair was pretty singed. "I owe you a haircut," she said. I told her not to worry about it. She convinced me to stay despite my embarrassed and I went back into the service, only this time, up in the balcony.

I did, however, leave early, since I was too embarassed to face everyone coming up to me and asking if I was okay.

Oh man. I cannot believe my hair caught on fire, in church, in front of everyone. Good story. When I got home that night I had to cut like major chunks off the end. With the right amount of hair product, it looks okay now.

Since it happened in church, maybe it was a holy sign. God has lit me on fire. I now bear witness with my scorched hair. Can I have an amen?!

2 comments:

布里安納 said...

AMEN! :)

布里安納 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.