Wednesday, March 10, 2010

My Unblievable Life

So I just got back from a lovely weekend in Florida/Alabama with my college roommates. It was beautiful, and is making me long for a longer warm-weather getaway.

The first night we spent at the Hilton on the ocean. Then, we drove down to no-man's land Alabama, where one of my old roomies lives with her baby and military-man husband.

It was such a good time, but it's sooo crazy how different my life is from theirs. I mean, five years ago, we were all in the same boat. And now, well, I'm in the same boat and they are both married with babies. Well, one is only pregnant, but the baby will come.

It was funny, on the way to the beach we were reminiscing about college and they were like, "ohh remember when we used to go out, sleep in late, yada yada." I was like, "ummm...I don't know what you guys are talking about but that is still my life. I go out somewhere like every night, and don't wake up until nine every day." They were like, "really??" Like they couldn't believe it. Haha. My life is unbelievable. I love it.

It did kind of make me realize however, that the single life is somewhat of a privilege. I mean, once I get married and have a baby there is no more jetting off to India, or even to the corner bar on a Friday night. So I might as well enjoy my freedom while I can. Sure, I don't want it for the rest of my life, but for now, I might as well live it up. Maybe being single is more fun than people make it out to be.

No comments: