Sunday, August 17, 2008

I am Inspired!

Greatness is so inspiring. Seriously. There is something about Olympic greatness that is even more inspiring. It brings people together too. Last night at the bar, I caught the end of Michael Phelp's final win - and it generated a conversation with some guys I had never met. 

Right now I'm re-watching yesterday's relay (you know, the one where Phelps freaking dominated and won his eighth medal of the week), and I'm crying!! Ha. He is so inspiring. You know, maybe he is so inspiring because the world doesn't have enough greatness now days. People aren't willing to risk their comfort for adventure. And only adventure and sacrifice generates greatness.

Michael Phelps has talent, obviously. But to be as great as he is, he also sacrificed a lot. He is ridiculous, and so inspiring. We need more people like him in this world! No matter what their talent is. To kind of segue the subject, you know some people say that Barack Obama is just running his campaign with pure semantics, empty words of hope that inspire people sure, but can they do anything else. 

Well what's wrong with hope? What's wrong with inspiration? Personally, I would say they are the most powerful catalysts for change and action. In fact I can't think of anything America, or the world needs more. 

The power of inspiration can be clearly portrayed in this: If Michael Phelps can win eight gold medals in one week, well than I can run all the way around Lake of the Isles. Which I'm going to do, right now. Perhaps later, I will change the world :)

1 comment:

Mark said...

but if we had more michael phelps, then they would most likely have ended up splitting the medals and we would have been less inspired.

you inspire me