Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Whew. That Was One Wild Party.

Whooaaa. I feel as if I have a hangover. I just finished the wild party that was my first semester of grad school. In its aftermath, I seem to be suffering from symptoms similar to that of a hangover - or post traumatic stress syndrome.

Let me elaborate. Last night I was exhausted. For three hours, I refused to leave my "homework chair;" staring at my computer and the walls of my room in shock that I had no documents to edit. Some may call this hysteria. I am not one for drama, so I prefer to call it post-traumatic stress syndrome.

When I finally shook myself out of this trance, I made it to my bed. Again, I was exhausted as I had stayed up until 4:30 a.m. the previous night finishing up papers, woke up at 9:00 a.m. and literally worked non-stop until 6:00 p.m. in attempts to meet final deadlines. I even ate a Snickers bar for lunch. This is a symptom of desperation. I do not believe I have consumed a Snickers bar since age 12 - as this is the appropriate age to quit eating crap. Unless of course, you are a male.

Anyway, this was around 11:00 p.m. and despite my exhaustion, I did not want to sleep. I felt the need to stay up "partying" (a.k.a. reading a novel) until 2:00 a.m. - simply because I could.

As a result, today I awoke at 12:45 p.m. This is ridiculous and like I said, very symptomatic of a hangover. Though it is 2:45 p.m. and I am back in my homework chair, I feel as though I may be slowly recovering, but we shall see. This semester was one long, wild "party," so it may take awhile. In case you doubt the party's wildness, take a peak at how it has left my room. I do not believe I have ever seen it in such a state:

















Indeed. Recovery may take awhile. However, I know it it possible. For as Confuscious once said, "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." I will take my first step by cleaning my room. Wish me luck. I need to fully recover by mid-January, when the party starts up again.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just a quick message to wish you luck! Thanks for a good read!

Mark said...

C-dawg. I always kind of thought that other than being humans and in our 20's, we were complete opposites. But I eat Snickers, have a messy room, and also went to sleep after 4am. I actually picked up the shovel at about 2am but then realized that my neighbors may find it obnoxious. Do you occasionally sell all your possessions on Craigslist and Ebay?

Mike said...

Colleen, no offense, but your room always looks like that!

Laura Ibsen said...

I still have the video of your room spotless and shining the day I cleaned it, if you need some inspiration.

Colleen said...

Um no. I would like to argue my case. Many times, my room looks close to this, however there is usually not mounds of paper on the floor. The paper makes it worse. I intend to get my room as organized as Laura once had it... and Mark - I am considering selling my things on craigslist at this point in my life:) I am wondering though - what the heck do you even have to sell?? Love??? Hmm....:)

Mike said...

If it comes to selling your love on CL come see me. I write fantastic adds.