Friday, January 29, 2010

Problem of the Year: Broken Uggs!

I have a major problem/complaint on my hands. Yesterday, I was putting on my black Ugg boots and I hear a rip. I look down, and precious lambs-wool was spilling out of a one-inch rip next to the back seam. Since it was freezing out (Uggs=perfect in freezingness), and I was late, I wore them anyway, albeit with scorn. When I came home however, it got worse. As I was taking them off, I hear another rip. I look down, and the EXACT same thing happened to the other boot. Seriously!

And people in Haiti think they have problems (Ok, I am totally being sarcastic to make fun of myself here, don't freak out).

So now, I have two rips in the back of my favorite boots. I am not happy. I also, find this unacceptable for a product supposedly as high-quality as Uggs. I have worn these boots for less than six months. I received them last year for Christmas. I thought for sure Uggs would have like, a lifetime warranty or something, but when I looked on its website, it said a ONE year warranty only.

Oh no they didn't.

That will not do. I am sending those black classic boots back and I expect a full refund. There is no way, a $180 pair of boots should rip after being worn for six months. The website also said refunds after a year will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. If I send these boots back, and Uggs gives me new ones, I will be happy and continue buying its products. However, if I am refused, I will not be happy and a permanent Uggs customer will be lost. I am just saying.

So here's hoping for the best. I'm sending them in tomorrow. If Uggs has any public relations sense they will give me boots that do not rip for no reason. Lame-o.

Ok, end of rant. Now you officially no I have no real problems in life, since I am so upset about this. Goodbye.

7 comments:

whirlergirl said...

Exactly what my Uggs did!!
They should feel totally honoured you gave them a second chance... I didn't. ;)
Hope they actually replace yours. It would be nice to know that someone has a decent pair. .x.

Sage said...

My Uggs fell apart too! And supposedly they torture the sheep. Just throwing that in there. We converted to the Emu Ugg co.

Anonymous said...

My zipper on my Uggs came of of the sheepskin and now it won't zip.

beautyandadreamer said...

This happened to my short uggs and also my long ones too. Clearly a manufacturers problem that Ugg needs to get fixed. Not happy with Ugg right now.

Maria said...

Omg the same thing happened to mine (I know I'm late) I jus got them today and tried them on again wen I got home bcuz I was excited and I hear a rip . Rite on the seam I was so mad but I'm taking them back to the store tomarow

Unknown said...

I have 2 pair i bought last year. Both coming apart at seams.

Unknown said...

I have 2 pair i bought last year. Both coming apart at seams.