Sunday, February 11, 2007

How our broomball team revolutionized the world

Tonight is broomball night. It's a very special night when our team comes together and literally changes the world...in a variety of ways. Perhaps that's how it got its name: The Great Revolution. I think El Capitan Girth (a.k.a. Cole Brenny) understood the impact the team would have and thus it's name was born. Good naming scheme Cole.

So anyway, I would like to take this opportunity to note a few ways in which "The Great Revolution" has lived up to its namesake and changed the world:

1. In honor of Dan "like the brother I never wanted, or Cole said I could be assistant captain" Edelstein - I must note that TGR has changed the way guys relate to each other. You see, usually, it's the girls who create the drama (except for me of course.... 'other' girls) but TGR has actually flipped the gender characteristics. Last year the team's wits were strung thin when El Capitan and Dan got into a huge fight about absolutely nothing. This caused touchy drama that had nothing to do with girls, way to go C and D.

2. OK two. This one is extremely important. TGR has revolutionized physical laws. Actually Molly, "I laugh a lot" Slovnik helped change this one. Molly actually was able to score a goal using laughter as her only force. Amazing. Usually the ball needs to be touched in some way to go into the goal, but I guess it was so take aback by Molly's incessant laughter that it moved itself. Molly, it's kind of like how your singing has enabled me to know my name better. You aid in miracles. In summary, TGR revolutionized the law of physics.

3. In 2006 TGR revolutionized the world of sports journalism. It created an award-winning documentary using only a digital camera and a microphone made out of a spoon and tinfoil. The reporter behind the camera was so good that she is being considered for an oscar this year. If Molly would ever complete the highlight video that documentary just might win.

4. One more way that TGR has revolutionized the world is by its fashion sense. The 'NMC Communications' sweatshirt worn by one member has gotten the attention of designers such as Valentino. Also, I have never seen helmets worn so well. Esp. on Cristina.

Of course we must not forget the number one reason why TGR drives change. That is because it is simply the best. After all, we were 2006 broomball champions. That's pretty hard to beat.

This blog was written after the incessant pleadings of my broomball team members. My apologies to anyone reading this who is not on the team, because it will not make any sense whatsoever. Come see us play and maybe it will.

Ok got to go to church and then watch the grammies. Lata.

4 comments:

Dan said...

in rebuttle to the drama comment... fights bring people together. Healthy conflict dealing, its necessary colleen. I have also been named assistant (or vp depending on who you ask) by the capitan himself, its all love beanie

Laura Ibsen said...

Colleen - we needed you last night. Not so much for your playing skillz (we blew them away, btw), but for your innate femininity. The rest of the ladies, in your absence, made up a slogan for the girls on the team:

"Broomball. Making men out of women."

And with only me there, standing firm for the ways of the female, I couldn't fight it off.

Way to go.

Colleen said...

Yes Laura - This new slogan was brought to my attention last night. I told Anna that I was quitting the team if that were the slogan. But she said don't worry we turn back into women after we step off the ice...encouraging..

Laura Ibsen said...

Is there a Christian women's book about men liking women who turn into men and then back into women? If not, we should co-author it and sell it with pink letters and flowers on the cover. I hear that the Christian women dig that.