Thursday, February 8, 2007

Pure Genius

There are few people I regard as Geniuses in this world. Obviously, Jesus was a genius. I mean that thing about the coin and giving to Caesar what was Caesar’s and God what is God’s, brilliant with a capital ‘B.’ No one compares to his genius, so as I list the others, know I recognize they don’t come close.

One person I would have say I regard as a genius is Justin Timberlake. And no, I’m not kidding. Have you heard ‘Sexy Back?’ I mean, yea, the songs’ a little dirty, but the phrase “I’m bringing sexy back.” Pure pop culture genius. Everyone says that now, how could they not, it’s great. Justin Timberlake evolved himself from a little teen joke, to a respected, extremely talented pop superstar. Beat box it out Justin, beat box it out. Obviously I’d never look to him for advice about morals, love or philosophy. But I will turn on “My Love,” and dance all over my room. Holla.

Other people I acknowledge as geniuses are the people who first learned how to make coffee, the inventor of contacts and advil. Good job.

On a relatively serious note, I think MLK would rank up in my genius category. Actually, he would fit more into my heroes’ category.

If there is anyone out there who is still looking to be named a ‘genius’ by me, here’s some advice: Invent the perfect leave in and rinse out conditioner for my hair. You will go down in history I promise. Alright, One, Two Step…..in’ on outta here…

2 comments:

AnneSaw said...

Wow. You're probably the first person to include JC, JT and MLK Jr. in one blog post. Way to go!

Dan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.