Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Halloween. Boo.

I did a horrible job at studying tonight. Why? Well, for a couple reasons: a - Caribou decided to close at 9 instead of 10. b - Carrie Underwood came out with a dang good c.d. that was more interesting than math (everyone needs it - it's amazing). c - I suck at math hardcore and d) I cannot for the life of me think of a Halloween costume.

UGH. I have some ideas of what I could do, but nothing that just clicks in the "that's the most amazing idea ever" sort of way. Actually, I've never had an idea that good. Maybe that's why often times I found Halloween more annoying than fun because it takes so much energy to finally come to the realization that you have nothing good to wear so you might as well give up and be something lame. One year, I remember being so frusterated that my friend and I went and bought plastic firehats and called ourselves firefighters. (Which reminds me -- Sarah this is my first Halloween without you in like four years! And they don't even have Halloween in Taiwan, sad!) This year, that energy also impedes with my useless studying efforts.

I think the best Halloween was when I was Avril. Maybe I will be her again -- except her look isn't so distince now...hmmm. Every good Halloween costume has been so overdone! I give up. I was searching the net for some creative Halloween costumes, and although it was completely unbeneficial to me, some of them were funny. Here were a few of my favs:

- Paris in jail (ten bucks this will be completely overdone this year)
- The president of Iran (no idea how to spell his name)
- And um another one that I liked but I can't say because I might actually be it. Who knows.

I realize I'm kinda anti-Halloween spirit, and I apologize for that. However, I would like to say that my anti-spirit is cancelled out by my roommate Anna's Halloween-Spirit-on-Speed, as I like to call it :) I think that the stick-on black cats and pumpkins that greet me on the bathroom mirror each morning, the skeleton menorah-like deal on the entertainment stand and the pumpkin candles scattered around the house would testify to that as well. Love it.

OK I'm tired and I still can't find any good costume ideas on about.com so I'm going to go to bed. Another reason for me to go to bed is because I'm sick of hearing about how to be a pirate of a prom queen. Note to "halloween costume ideas" web sites - those are sucky ideas that were overdone in 1970. That's all, bye.

9 comments:

Brett said...

I'm glad to see someone else is always as exhausted by trying to think and come up with a costume as I am. I think it drains me of Halloween spirit or whatever. Suck.

Also, it makes me happy to think of you and Sarah dressed as fire fighters, but only with plastic hats. Works for me. Ha.

SK said...

Ahhhh, we spent the last four Halloweens together. It's our holiday, I guess. I think the Firefighters, or maybe the Starry Night costume, were my favorites. :)

But don't think I get out of Halloween just because I'm in Taiwan. I work at an English school!We celebrate Halloween Monday-Wednesday. I am supposed to dress up three days!! I have no idea what I'm going to be either. Apple, Ball, Car? Uggghhh.

Colleen said...

Ha ha. You should definitely be a ball Sarah. You should just tape a kick ball to your clothes -- keep in line with one-accessory only Halloween costumes..

Mike said...

I agree. I'm too cheap and creative to go to a costume store and drop $60 on a generic pirate costume. I'd like to make my own but my creative juices aren't flowing. I'll probably end up with the same custume I wore in 1993.

Laura Ibsen said...

My favorite costume of all time is the three-hole-punch Jim from The Office. It works on so many levels. Perhaps you can pay homage to your drab office by being something like that.

Some ideas:

- A stappler
- White Out
- An adding machine
- Windows Vista

If only you could somehow go as "Facebook" - all your troubles would be over.

Dave said...

Every year I choose a different friend or a co-worker with a lot of character. Then I steal several items that make their persona; that shirt they wear every 3 days, their backpack, red shoes, hair gel, whatever. Its a lot easier if they're a roomate.

Then on Halloween I walk around all day in those items over-exaggerating their mannerisms and phrases they're prone to say. Its always hilarious when people recognize who you're dressed as right away and everyone gets a good laugh at your friend's expense (but in a good way)!

Mike said...

Laura, I swear I thought of if this morning before I even saw your comment... but I'm totally going as facebook! I have it all planned out :)

Mike said...

Thought of "it." Not "if."

Laura Ibsen said...

Mike - we may see the world totally different in most senarious, but at least we're synced up when it comes to Halloween costumes. :)