Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Who Wants Free Body Towels?!?!

Occasionally, when I am bored I peruse through Craigslist’s “free stuff” category. It always adds a touch of hilarity to my day. Blame it on my intrinsic altruism, but I’ve taken it upon myself to share this hilarity with everyone, and have selected a few free items, that I plan on picking up as soon as possible. So please don’t think of stealing them from me. Thanks.

1. Free body Towels

I am setting out four well used body towels. They are the type that would be used for RAGS ONLY. None of them are matching. I will leave them in the ally in front of the garage by the trash can.
Just come by and pick them up.

What a good deal! Free used body towels! I can’t think of a better Christmas present for someone!


2. Free crazy lookin' desk thing

Just what I always wanted!


3. 27" color tv DOES NOT WORK

What am I going to do with this? Put it on display so it looks like I have a TV to impress a guy or social services or something?

“Look at my sweet 27 inch TV. Just don’t ask me to turn it on, it’s tricky sometimes…”


4. Piano for free! It must go as soon as possible!
I am giving it away, because of lack of space to keep it at home.

When the picture was taken, I had some ornaments on the piano, this is why you see lots of things on it; obviously, all those things will not be there when you come to pick it up!




Obviously! It’s not obvious that it doesn’t come the useless crap thrown all over it! I’m not taking it if it doesn’t come with the fake “harvest medley” of flowers and the orange-crotcheted thingy!


5. Non- working Elan brand ====WATER SOFTENER===with large salt bin(full)


6. Shed to Take

Anyone need a shed? Just come pick it up. Oh no, I’m sure it will fit fine in your suburban…


7. Free Maternity photos of you on CD!

Creepy? Perhaps a good baby shower present?


8. Like new Carpet & fire wood

They forgot to ad the subhead! OK, I’ll do it for them.

“the perfect combinations”



9. Men's Shirts for Handicapped

Um, mentally or physically handicapped?


10. Free Black Walnuts

In case you’re hungry, feel free to drive all the way to Cologne, MN to pick up a bunch of free walnuts, because according to the add “the squirrels don’t want anymore.”


FREE: Two bags of White bread

Why we have a meal! Feel free to pick up the white bread on a St. Paul porch after you’ve cracked the walnuts. Mmmmmm.

6 comments:

Laura Ibsen said...

Colleen - I take this as motivation. If I don't fill out my Roth IRA soon, in 50 years I'll only be able to afford free black walnuts that the squirrels don't want.

Mark said...

This is really stupid, so by reading on in this comment you forfeit all rights to make fun of me. Sometimes I read the personals section of Craigslist. Not with the intentions of ever trying to meet someone. But it makes me feel better for some reason. I only click on the ones with pictures. Sometimes it makes me happy to know that there are others out there that can't get a date either.

Mark said...

Only for the brave:

http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/orc/408390645.html

Laura Ibsen said...

Wow - that man needs some new hobbies.

Mike said...

Wait, how does someone have maternity photos of me? "I've been expecting you Mike..." Ahhh, creepy.

Brett said...

AH!

The secret of my free towels and nut products is out of the bag!

Now I'll never get dibs on the best used towels ever again!