Sunday, October 14, 2007

Kids Say the Darndest Things

My friend from high school is currently a kindergarten teacher in Minneapolis. I'm convinced that all kindergarten teachers should have their own comic strips -- because they encounter some hilarious things. I was at happy hour with my teacher-friend the other day, and she was telling me stories about a couple of kids in her class. I would like to relay these stories to you. Let's start with the story about Kenny. First of all, who names a kid Kenny nowadays. Seriously.

So 'B' was the letter of the day in Miss Niebur's kindergarten class, and the children had to draw something that started with a 'b.' There were a lot of boats and balls and brooms, but Kenny drew something a little different. Miss Niebur got to Kenny and looked down at his paper, on which was drawn two side-by-side circles with a dot in the center of each of them...Miss Niebur cautiously asked Kenny, "What have you drawn Kenny?" "Boobs!" Kenny replied. Miss Niebur shook her head, "Now do you really think that's appropriate Kenny?"

After thinking for a few seconds, Kenny looked up at Miss Niebur, "You're right Miss Niebur, I should've called it Chest," but then it wouldn't start with a 'b'!

Recognizing his teacher's disapproval, he quickly said, "Well, maybe I should erase it.." (please insert little kids voice when reading Kenny's lines, thank you."

Miss Niebur nodded approvingly, "Yes, Kenny, I think you should probably erase it."

Oh the naive minds of five year-olds.

2 comments:

Mark said...

I would have given him a high five for being original and then tacked on 4 golden stickers. This is what happened thanks to feminists. Why is it ok for kids to draw balls but not boobs? I mean what is more respectable for a boy to draw...balls or boobs...I mean come on?

This is probably my most obscene comment on your blog yet. I'm sorry.

Mike said...

hahaha, nice mark.

I don't think boy's brains evolve much futher...

boobs.