Wednesday, November 28, 2007

I have a Good Idea

I just came up with a really good idea. Well according to me it's a good idea, and I'm the final judge of good ideas so it is:).

I think for Christmas, I am going to get my family only gifts that like benefit charity. So I know Gap has the Red line, American Eagle has some scarfs that benefit charities, and I'm sure there are others as well. I just have to check them out. Anyway, we should all do that. Save the world! Spread Christmas cheer! Buy Gap!

I mean, you could just give a straight up donation in their name, but then people are usually discreetly mad because they wanted a gift. This way, they get both! I'm so smart! Ok whatever I'm not I just have too much time to think.

Please let me know if anyone finds any other holiday gifts that benefit charity and are cute and awesome at the same time.

4 comments:

Laura Ibsen said...

http://www.joinred.com/products/

I'll take something from either Apple or Armani. :)

Mark said...

No amount of charitable giving will ever convince me to step foot in the Gap.

I have a great idea. How about we say we are married, adopt a child from a 3rd world country, then give it to your parents. That would really be doing them a favor...and me...no wait, what?

SK said...

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapcf/10/29/gap.labor/

The Gap. I love the irony here. Buying Christmas gifts is helping to fight AIDS in Africa, while just a month ago, Gap was once again caught "unknowingly" using child labor, to make Christmas gifts.

Sure, they didn't know, they removed the products, blah blah.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't buy from the Gap. I don't know what I'm saying. Just that it's ironic I guess.

Oh, and you should totally adopt that baby with Mark. I'm confused. What?

Kerby and Cristina said...

Why don't ya'll be charitable to the people in this community and buy stuff or gift cards from the Midtown Global Market????
Oh, what. ? Did I actually say that? :)
They are for sale, though...