Friday, June 15, 2007

Random Thoughts: Originated from Boredom

I'm so bored at work right now - amazingly for the first time this week. In my monotony I began studying the objects on my desk, and my eyes ran across my vitamin bottle. Now this got me thinking about all the strange things I do, and people do in general. Let me explain. Everyday, I come into work, look at my vitamin bottle, think 'oh I should take a vitamin," get a glass of water and then think 'oh I will wait until later.' Why? Why not take it now? But I can't. I keep putting it off until I eventually don't take it. This is weird.

Here's another thing I don't understand: Making the bed on a normal day. Why? You're just going to get home late and mess it up again without really getting the opportunity to see it made in the first place. So not worth the effort. I can understand when you're having a party or something, but otherwise this gets marked up high on the pointless scale. Let's see, what other silly things do I/we do. Oh I know claiming doughnuts as a breakfast food.

Who was the first person who decided "oh, I'm going to eat doughnuts for breakfast," and how did this trend ignite? You might as well be eating cake or brownies for breakfast, it's the same thing. It doesn't make any sense. Again. That's like thinking Mamosas are okay to drink for breakfast because they have orange juice in them. Please, it might as well be fruit punch and then it wouldn't be acceptable.

I can't think of anything else weird or random right now. I'm too tired.

1 comment:

Mark said...

I would assume it had to do with people going to the bakery every morning to get actual breakfast food. Then as bakers realized that Americans are a bunch of pigs they switched over to sweets. One of the coolest things I find about being in other countries is you can go to bakeries and buy actual breakfast food.

I don't ever make my bed. Not even when I throw parties. There is no logic behind it. Unless of course you get a hotel room, then the bed should be made as a sign that the sheets are clean and someone actually cleaned the room.

ttfn or something
mark