Thursday, June 7, 2007

What!? No Spandex at Work??!!

Today at work we received an email from the CEO reminding us of the dress code guidelines. (Click to enlarge please...)



This reminder tends to happen every year, at every company in the late spring. As I was examining the guidelines, it makes me feel like there must be a lot of people working at companies around the U.S. who don’t have a brain. I mean for example, 8th row down, it reminds me that jogging suits are not “business casual.” Really? I was planning on wearing my pink velveteen Juicy Couture track suit tomorrow. Dang. Or how about the one below that – “form fitting spandex,” is not allowed either. Again, that really puts a dent in my wardrobe opportunities. The stupidity of the reminder to NOT wear spandex makes me wonder who actually wore it and prompted it’s appearance on the annual guidelines list. SCARY. I wouldn’t even wear spandex outside, never the less to work. Can you imagine, showing up for a meeting in a spandex jogging suit. Man, that would go against the dress code in so many ways it would be soooo funny.

I guess, next time I want to get fired, I’m going to wear see-through clothing (last box), spandex, skirts shorter than mid-thigh length AND flip flops. Get ready ‘cause here I come.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

We have similar guidelines over here at behemoth company just down the road. Sadly, alot of our rules get broken. Example: people show up Monday-Thursday in dirty running sneakers and sweatshirts (no, seriously).
However, my favorite, and perhaps not even really a rule-breaking action, is the woman who never, ever wears a bra. Seriously. It's so obvious (and NOT in an attractive way, I've asked my male coworkers) that I think she would just be incredibly embarrassed to show her face around here.
Ah, corporate life.

Mike said...

I'm literally wearing flip-flops, spandex biking shorts and no shirt in the office today. It's Friday.

Colleen said...

First of all - Don't people get into trouble for wearing sneakers??? And the bra thing - yuck. I thought they would screen for moldability at a company as large as yours:)

And Mike - you are lying...

Mark said...

It's not all bad. At least they didn't say you HAVE TO wear clothes. Not only is going naked a great way to show your individuality in the homogeneous office culture, it's a great way to stay cool in the summer. And as you know, staying cool is what I'm all about.

SK said...

I often wore flip flops or sneakers to work. And I always wore jeans. Most people did. We had company sweatshirts that people wore. We wore whatever we wanted, unless there were clients around. I always kept a blazer in my office, just in case. I probably could have gotten away with spandex. I guess that's advertising though...