Sunday, January 4, 2009

Airplanes and Cookies

I wrote this on the plane about five days ago. Just now getting around to posting it, as I have been in Portland. Tomorrow morning, I am heading to Seattle. Holler.
----------------------------------------

Ho ho ho merry belated Christmas! I am currently hovering 15,000 feet above the earth in an NWA airplane heading to the glorious land of Portland, OR. My sisters gave me these noise-canceling headphones for Christmas and they are sweet. Seriously, they make huge difference on an airplane.

Considering I am confined to a two by two area armed only with this computer I thought now would be the perfect time to recap my holiday adventures. Well actually there’s not much to report on – my most eventful feat during break was heading into the Mall of America (MOA) the day after Christmas. Believe me, this was not my idea. The place was crazy busy. Yet, my sister who lives in AZ demanded we go. I survived, and came out with some killer deals from J.Crew so perhaps it was worth the insanity. Otherwise, I spent most of the holiday (up until now) on my mom’s couch reading, watching movies and inhaling cookies. I am not kidding, inhaling. I do not think I have eaten so much, ever. Oh and of course a good portion of my pre-Christmas break was spent organizing my room and the kitchen. It is a whole new world now. Well, maybe not but I sure breath easier

Man the sky is beautiful at 15,000 feet. I am in a wedding Saturday – my college roommate’s. On Monday I am journeying to Seattle via Amtrak. From there, I do not really know what I am going to do, I have only bought the one-way ticket that is currently flying me above the clouds. I should really get on buying another ticket. I think I might go to Arizona. If anyone wants to come with me somewhere else, let me know. I am all up for an adventure. So tonight is NYE. Exciting. I think Anne’s taking me to a dinner party. I have nothing interesting to say right now so I’m going to sign off. Ten—Four.

1 comment:

Mark said...

one way tickets are the best!