Monday, January 5, 2009

Worst Proposals Ever

A very bad proposal was recently brought to my attention in preparation for what turned out to be a very beautiful wedding. We were discussing proposal stories during "bridesmaid prep" time (because, minus four girl, EVERY person there over 23 was married! ugh.) and one person told a story about her friend.

Apparently, the guy proposing was so nervous that he woke the girl up at 6:o0 a.m. and as she was rubbing her eyes to clarify her mind and sight he shoves a ring in front of her face and asks if she'd marry him. She said yes. I would pretended like I was sleepwalking or that I couldn't wake up. As soon as he left, I would call his best friend and tell him to talk to my potential fiance about picking a better proposal. Sheesh.

Another story:

My friends once came home from a basketball game and told the story of one of those jumbotron proposals gone wrong. So you all know the scene, Kriss Kross starts playing on the loudspeakers and zzzooooommm the jumbotron focuses in on a lucky couple. The women smiles and waves thinking it's just another of those "kiss-tron" things. However, as she turns to kiss her "lover," he gets down on one knee and proposes. Well, at this particular game, instead of a joyous "yes!" and an excited hug, the girl runs away in horror after her boyfriend proposes. Leaving everyone in the entire stadium feeling really awkward. Now that is a bad proposal for this poor jumbotron guy. I think this is an example of why jumbotron proposals should not be permitted. That and their abundant cheese factor.

Anyone heard of any other horrible proposals?? Do tell. I will revel in the fact that even if I am single - those proposals did not happen to me.... ;)

Editors note: I am blogging live from Seattle and I seriously love this city. Man.

1 comment:

Mark said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Esr_okP5Qmo

worst case scenario...she says no and you end up on youtube.

if i ever get free text messaging that is probably how i will do it. as of now i have to pay 20cents for each one. so i guess that really isn't an option right now.