Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sun, Guns and Fun

Sun sure does revive. Unfortunately for me this revival comes at the cost of hearing my sister and her boyfriend banter for hours. I just got back from a 35-minute car ride during which they seriously argued about what hair cut my sister should have. Now, apparently they have forgiven each other because she's back to sitting on his lap and they are calling each other bunny. Seriously.

Back to the sun. It's so freaking amazing here because it is sunny and warm. Today, we went horseback riding in the desert. It was beautiful. The cacti in AZ are huge! Apparently the big ones are like 500-hundred years old and every square foot weighs 75 lbs. They are gorg, just gorg... The name of my horse was Plum Darling. She was a pretty good horse - no sudden, schizo moves were made so I was happy. My sister Megan had a horse named Baby.

When she was handing Baby's reigns over to Megan the woman who took us on the trail says, "yeah, just be careful with this one, sometimes she has problems." Megan's like "Ok, well what problems?" "Oh," the woman replied, "she just startles sometimes."

Ha. Startles sometimes? That will get your imagination running. Especially in a desert equipped with rattlesnakes.

Don't worry though ('cause I know you totally were), we all made it back safe - Megan's horse did not gallop off into the sunset thanks to any surprise snake attacks. Whew.

There are lots of strange animal behaviors in AZ I've found. In addition to the horse with the "startling problem," there is my sister's cat. The cat's name is Tuna (don't ask. I don't know), and it is manic and co-dependent. It seriously will not leave a human alone. It has to be around you at all times. The only times it can walk away from you, are the instances in which it randomly sprints off around the room bouncing off walls and other items like its tail was on fire. However, its tail is always perfectly fine.

I think I'm done writing for the day. Tomorrow, I am off to shoot guns in the AZ desert. I am not kidding.

2 comments:

Mark said...

so what kind of haircut did she get???????????????????

Laura Ibsen said...

I'm jealous! I want to go shooting!